Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Citizenship Issue

The other day I was caught up in the issue of citizenship. It seems that everyone is concerned about the rights of undocumented workers,but no one is concerned about the rights of the American citizen.

As a Christian, I guess my views are a little different than the majority in the world today.

In the 22nd chapter of Matthew,the Pharisees are trying to trip Jesus up in His words. After asking for a coin He asked them whose picture was on it and they responded "Caesars". Jesus then responded,"therefore render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's;and unto God the things that are God's".

I believe that I have certain responsibilities as a citizen and certain responsibilities as a Christian. As a citizen, my responsibilities are to follow the laws of the country that I am a citizen of. I am also afforded certain rights associated with that citizenship.

The United States has in place programs that will allow anyone to get their citizenship and along with it all of the rights associated thereof.

I also believe that people need to realize that we all have the same mother and father. You see, after the flood, there was only Noah's family to repopulate the earth. Whether people want to accept it or not, we are all related and should start treating each other that way. This is my responsibility as a Christian.

It all boils down to this. It really doesn't matter if you are a citizen of this country or any other.The question is "Are you are a citizen in God's kingdom"?

For when your days here are done,that will be the only thing that really matters.

So I will continue the work God has called me to do. To get others their citizenship into the Kingdom of God.

I think mom and dad would be proud. I know God is.

No comments:

Post a Comment