Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Eyes of a Child

The other evening, we went to the fair at Pomona with our daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter.
I never did find that deep fried banana split that I blogged about earlier. But that is not the purpose of this post.

As I get older, I find it very comforting to try and see things through the eyes of my granddaughter. The excitement of looking at the baby animals and taking her into the petting zoo. The joy she finds in looking at all the lights and pointing out to me things that I would never have noticed.

It makes me a little sad when I realize that she will get older and start to see things as an adult.

This old world could be such a beautiful place if we would just look at it as a child sees it.

My granddaughter has shown me that it does not matter what color you are or where you worship.

The important thing is that we love each other. I remember my friend Jesus saying that too.

My granddaughter knows Him. I wish the world knew Him. What a beautiful place this could be if we started looking at it though the eyes of a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment