Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Things Kids Teach Us

Not long ago I was in a Target store with my granddaughter where they have these nice new baskets which are all made of plastic.

She was walking alongside the basket, and when I stopped, she decided to crawl head first into the bottom of the cart. Laying prone in the very bottom looking at the floor. She then turned on her back and started looking at the ceiling. The next time I stopped, she got out, turned around and went head first into the bottom of the basket the other way.

It got me to thinking. Every place children go, they only get to see whatever is 2-3 feet off the floor. Whether it is Target or Disneyland. Not a very pleasant view when you think about it.

Maybe we can take a lesson from my granddaughter. When things are not looking very good from where we are at, maybe we should change our position. Try to look at things from a different view. It might make all the difference in the world.

Of course my daughter is a little upset because every time she goes to Target, my granddaughter wants to get in the bottom of the basket.

Oh well, it is a small price to pay to teach Gramps a lesson in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment